The Presbyterian Women of Chester Presbyterian Church are glad that you have made a commitment to be a part of our congregation. We believe that an environment grounded in Christian belief promotes our growth as followers of Christ. Membership is open to all women. Members are those women who choose to participate in or be supportive of our organization in any of the following opportunities:
- TWO CIRCLES - Circles are small groups that meet once a month for Bible study, discussion, prayer, and fellowship. One circle meets in the afternoon, and one meets in the evening.
- SPECIAL PROJECTS - The Presbyterian Women work in a variety of areas. We support mission projects through our many Presbyterian Homes. National and international missions are contributed to by our Birthday Offering in May and our Thank Offering in September. We support the Christmas Mother program each November.
- SERVICE PROJECTS - Presbyterian Women reach out to a variety of mission needs in our local community. Each circle often has a special project they may want to undertake.
- PRAYER SHAWL MINISTRY - Shawls are handmade and given to those who need to be wrapped in the care of CPC. If you knit or crochet, contact the PW Moderator to participate in this ministry.
- FELLOWSHIP - Circles often provide meals to members when there is a birth, illness, or death in their family. Circles are also asked, from time-to-time, to contribute cookies, veggies, fruit, and finger sandwiches for church socials and receptions. We hope that you will join a circle that fits your schedule. Check your newsletter for times and locations. If you find that you are unable to attend meetings, we invite you to become active in support of a circle by helping with the various projects.
Please call the Moderator of the Presbyterian Women, Sally Noe at 705-9660 for more information. We look forward to seeing you at one of our meetings!